GENERAL

Donald Trump TRIED To Stop Capitol Riots – Nancy Pelosi Set Him Up

“Fact-checkers” are really busy right now

Donald Trump requested 10,000 National Guard troops ahead of the January 6th riots. Guess who stopped him…

Join Our Telegram channel here: https://t.me/TheTrueReporter

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

A Vanity Fair report has details of the January 5th meeting. Trump said the Capitol needs to be protected by 10,000 troops.

On the evening of January 5—the night before a white supremacist mob stormed Capitol Hill in a siege that would leave five dead—the acting secretary of defense, Christopher Miller, was at the White House with his chief of staff, Kash Patel. They were meeting with President Trump on “an Iran issue,” Miller told me. But then the conversation switched gears. The president, Miller recalled, asked how many troops the Pentagon planned to turn out the following day. “We’re like, ‘We’re going to provide any National Guard support that the District requests,’” Miller responded. “And [Trump] goes, ‘You’re going to need 10,000 people.’ No, I’m not talking bullshit. He said that. And we’re like, ‘Maybe. But you know, someone’s going to have to ask for it.’” At that point Miller remembered the president telling him, “‘You do what you need to do. You do what you need to do.’ He said, ‘You’re going to need 10,000.’ That’s what he said. Swear to God.”

Pentagon limited the National Guard’s ability to mobilize and get ready for the attack as confirmed by the Washington Post. Fox News covered Trump’s confirmation of the report.

“Former President Trump told Fox News late Sunday that he expressed concern over the crowd size near the Capitol days before last month’s deadly riots and personally requested 10,000 National Guard troops be deployed in response,” Fox News reported.

“Trump told ‘The Next Revolution With Steve Hilton’ that his team alerted the Department of Defense days before the rally that crowds might be larger than anticipated and 10,000 national guardsmen should be ready to deploy,” the report continued. “He said that — from what he understands — the warning was passed along to leaders at the Capitol, including House Speaker Nancy Pelosi — and he heard that the request was rejected because these leaders did not like the optics of 10,000 troops at the Capitol.”

On Tuesday, the Washington Post corroborates the claim with new info. Glenn Kessler had this headline:

“Trump falsely claims he ‘requested’ 10,000 troops rejected by Pelosi.”

“Miller and other senior Pentagon officials never relayed the 10,000 figure to anyone outside the Defense Department, according to a former U.S. official who was familiar with the matter,” the WaPo report said.

“They didn’t act on it because based on discussions with federal and local law enforcement leadership, they didn’t think a force of that size would be necessary,” the former official said. There you have it. Nobody at the Pentagon acted on it because “they didn’t think a force of that size would be necessary.”

The Department of Defense didn’t take Trump’s warning seriously. They just noted “the possible activation of 340 National Guard troops to assist the District government with traffic control.”

Former Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund told Congress there was an increased risk of riots before the attack. Pelosi forced him to resign following the riots, so he penned a letter explaining what really happened. The House and Sergeant at Arms had to sign their resignation letters, too.

“Sund told the Post that House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving was concerned with the ‘optics’ of declaring an emergency ahead of the protests and rejected a National Guard presence,” NPR reported. “He says Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger recommended that he informally request the Guard to be ready in case it was needed to maintain security.”

His requests for more troops were turned down.

“Former Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund said he requested that the National Guard be placed on standby in the days before the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol, but House and Senate security officials turned him down,” the USA Today reported.

Pelosi weakened security before and during the riots due to “optics.” The Daily Caller cited multiple sources saying the former House Sergeant at Arms was “covering for her.”

The New York Times previously reported that the Speaker’s office confirmed that the National Guard was approved around 1:43 pm. Sund said he sent a request for help from the National Guard to Irving around 1:09 p.m, according to CNN. Irving said he was contacted about the matter after 2:00 pm, Axios reported. Sources questioned how Irving got the request after 2 pm but Pelosi approved the request at 1:43 pm.

“If you believe Irving’s timeline that he testified under oath to, how could he ask for permission from the Speaker 20 minutes before he got the request?” one of the sources told the Daily Caller. The National Pulse lays out what happened, throwing the 1:43 pm time for Pelosi’s authorization’ into major question.

t 1:50pm the Capitol itself was breached. Still before most Trump speech attendees could have arrived.

What happened after this point was a back and forth over hours between D.C. officials, Army officials, and Capitol police.

Eventually – at past 5pm – the National Guard arrived.

Trump wanted to protect the Capitol. The Pentagon only approved a small group of troops.

Join Our Telegram channel here: https://t.me/TheTrueReporter

Source: Vanity Fair

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker